Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this bad?

Guppy

Is this bad?

Ok, this past Saturday I got done with my underwater nav dive and still had some air left. The instructor asked me and my buddy if we would go back down and see is she forgot anything from the haunted night dive, Halloween props. So we went back down and we were at about 25-30' and I thought I heard talking. I didnt think much of it as I knew it was impossible since I was underwater, but at one point I heard my name loud enough that I even turned around to see, it freaked me out and we ended the dive right there. Is this something common or something bad?

Barracuda
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aric View Post
    Ok, this past Saturday I got done with my underwater nav dive and still had some air left. The instructor asked me and my buddy if we would go back down and see is she forgot anything from the haunted night dive, Halloween props. So we went back down and we were at about 25-30' and I thought I heard talking. I didnt think much of it as I knew it was impossible since I was underwater, but at one point I heard my name loud enough that I even turned around to see, it freaked me out and we ended the dive right there. Is this something common or something bad?
    Hummm, well if the person you were diving with was messing with you... nope not bad at all.

On the other hand.. if you were going to visit crazy land..then yes.. that would be bad.

It is possible to talk underwater and have people hear you...just do it thru your reg.

Grouper
    Images
    sounds like someone was probablyhaving some post halloween fun with you mate!
    "We have a right to believe whatever we want, but not everything we believe is right." - Ravi Zacharias

Grouper
    Hearing voices is generally thought to be a bad thing. They weren't telling you to cut your buddy's air line with your dive knife were you?

But seriously.
    Could have been narc'd possibly.
    *Insert Witty Comment Here*

Guppy
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffer Fish View Post
    Hummm, well if the person you were diving with was messing with you... nope not bad at all.

On the other hand.. if you were going to visit crazy land..then yes.. that would be bad.

It is possible to talk underwater and have people hear you...just do it thru your reg.
    My buddy was about 20 ft in front of me, and the voice I heard call my name was a womans voice, we were the only dives in the quarry.

Barracuda
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffer Fish View Post

My buddy was about 20 ft in front of me, and the voice I heard call my name was a womans voice, we were the only dives in the quarry.
    your instructor probably had someone yell underwater to spook you with the whole halloween theme..seemed to of worked

Barracuda
    Sounds like someone was probably just messing with you. Sound travels quite well underwater.

Barracuda
    You said you instructor was female, maybe she was messing with you and she was the one that asked you to go back in.

Barracuda
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRacer1978 View Post
    You said you instructor was female, maybe she was messing with you and she was the one that asked you to go back in.
    I was getting very comfortable with the crazy idea.... and you have to go and mess it up.

Guppy
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRacer1978 View Post
    The only problem with that was that she went up the hill to get her vehicle, does sound from the surface really travel that well 30' underwater?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information