Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is in your Save-A-Dive Kit?

Grouper

What is in your Save-A-Dive Kit?

hey guys,

I can't find any on board. just would like to know what in your "save-a-dive" kit. I'm sure u have more than the standard mouthpiece, maskstrap, fin strap, zip ties.. etc

just wanna get an idea ... thanks.
    "Dive Like Hell & You'll Be There"

Guppy
    Right now, nothing. Learned my lesson this last weekend, though, when we started setting up for our second dive of the day, and no O-ring in my rental tank. Nothing to use to swap out rings with the other tank either.

Soooo, one of the next things I'll be buying is apparently a save-a-dive kit with plenty of o-rings!

Grouper
    seriously though, i see quite a few tanks that were being prepared (air loaded) on the boat, were without o-rings. i wonder don't they need o-ring when filling? won't the gas leaks?

TadPole
    A nice cold beer - cuz diving day is over when I gotta save the dive!!!!!

Guppy
    I think it's more along the lines of: It may indeed fill and deliver air, but it'll leak constantly and create a dangerous air loss that's out of your control. As far as I'm concerned, I would rather not risk losing my life support.

The rental dept checked the air pressure in both tanks with a gauge, and I watched him do it, so I know there was some sort of seal there. What I didn't do was to check for the o-rings while I was still at the store, rather than at the dive site. So there's another lessoned learned there too.

Barracuda
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Scuba View Post
    Right now, nothing. Learned my lesson this last weekend, though, when we started setting up for our second dive of the day, and no O-ring in my rental tank. Nothing to use to swap out rings with the other tank either.

Soooo, one of the next things I'll be buying is apparently a save-a-dive kit with plenty of o-rings!
    Don't feel bad. Last year on the resort dive boat an O ring blew while setting up and the boat had no other O rings. This year I am bringing my little ST O ring kit and I will Leave it with the DM at the end of our trip. Crazy the way they run s in Jamaica. No extra mask, no extra reg. Just big-bong-hits all around I guess.

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by WaScubaDude View Post

Don't feel bad. Last year on the resort dive boat an O ring blew while setting up and the boat had no other O rings. This year I am bringing my little ST O ring kit and I will Leave it with the DM at the end of our trip. Crazy the way they run s in Jamaica. No extra mask, no extra reg. Just big-bong-hits all around I guess.
    at least they should have a set of spare for those crucial stuff.

Barracuda
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WaScubaDude View Post

Ah, welcome to my world....

Make sure they are viton o-rings, by the way.

My save a dive kit is a complete set of extra gear... except the the BP/W and fins on every trip. My save someone else's dive is a lot of spare parts.

Barracuda
    Lots of O-rings, batteries, misc tools, extra mask, and small pharmacy just to cover any illness on the boat!

Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by superkingkong View Post
    what in your "save-a-dive" kit.
    • O-rings
    • LP and HP port plugs
    • a scuba multi-tool
    • adhesive vinyl patching material
    • a couple of grams of thermoplastic pellets
    • replacement silicone mouthpiece and mask strap
    • about 15' of braided wreck line
    • a lighter
    • a prepaid calling card
    • a stainless bolt snap
    • a small scouring pad
    • a small tube of o-ring grease
    • a snorkle keeper
    • about 10' of elastic bungie cord
    • a package of gummi bears
    • Bonine
    • a permanent marker
    • a pencil
    • a few sheets of waterproof paper.
    I have a more robust repair kit at home, but this all fits in a waterproof Otter box I keep in my gear bag.
    Matt Silvia

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information