Thread: Best Place To Mount....

Grouper Founding Member
    My wife and I have ordered a Zeagle Brigade, and a Zeagle Zena from ST. We also ordered these http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detai...UCT_ID=RC002HF

to clip off our gauges... So in your experience where is the best place to mount this on the BC...

I know a lot of people don't like retractors for various reasons, but we're going to give them a try...

So if you do use a retractor for gauges where do you mount it, and why??

Scubatoys - My LDS From 1,075 mi Away!!
    ZEAGLE Brigade/ZEAGLE Envoy Deluxe/ZEAGLE Octo-Z....Anybody seein' a pattern here???

Barracuda Founding Member
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by creggur
    My wife and I have ordered a Zeagle Brigade, and a Zeagle Zena from ST. We also ordered these http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detai...UCT_ID=RC002HF

to clip off our gauges... So in your experience where is the best place to mount this on the BC...

I know a lot of people don't like retractors for various reasons, but we're going to give them a try...

So if you do use a retractor for gauges where do you mount it, and why??
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>I mount my hose retainers to one of the D rings on my BC strap. </DIV>

Grouper Founding Member
    Mines located on a D-ring just off my hip on my left hand side. A little low but the only things that are up higher on my BC are the Octo, and my knofe on the BC hose.
    <DIV></DIV>

Grouper Founding Member
    I've seen people do it a few ways. I personally have it on a D ring on a strap/harness part of my BC. The ring is at the endof a piece of webbing you can pull to adjust the BC with, so it dangles a little, which lets me easily see it on a dive, without needing a retractor.

Other people clip it off similarly, but unclip to look at, becuase they d-ring isn't on a "leash" of sorts.

Another diver I saw had his clipped behind his arm....if he was standing up, with arms at sides, he could reach an inch or two back and unclip it. Out of his way completely, but easy to get to. He had a Transpac though, which had a D ring there. My BC doesn't If yours does, you could mount the retractor there, might let you pull it far enough to see it easily.

Pretty much, most people find a D ring on the left side of the BC and work around it.

Guppy Founding Member
    I use the same type of retractor that you ordered and clip it to the lower left D ring on my Seaquest Latitude XLT vest. It works perfectly. The console (SPG, Suunto Vyper, and Suunto compass) is always where you expect it to be, and retracts perfectly. It never snags or fouls either. You've done good!

Grouper Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by guggie
    I use the same type of retractor that you ordered and clip it to the lower left D ring on my Seaquest Latitude XLT vest. It works perfectly. The console (SPG, Suunto Vyper, and Suunto compass) is always where you expect it to be, and retracts perfectly. It never snags or fouls either. You've done good!
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Thanks,</DIV>
    <DIV> Just got my stuff today and have 1 more hour at work until I can go home and play with it...</DIV>
    Scubatoys - My LDS From 1,075 mi Away!!
    ZEAGLE Brigade/ZEAGLE Envoy Deluxe/ZEAGLE Octo-Z....Anybody seein' a pattern here???

Thread Information