Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Q] Easiest way to add integrated weight system to general BC?

TadPole

[Q] Easiest way to add integrated weight system to general BC?

The BC that I will get is not weight integrated. Although I'm familier with the weight belt but I want to know how I can add ditchable weight to my BC for future upgrade.

Grand Poobah Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    You really can't. It uses special pockets with quick release pouches, or in the case of zeagle, a single pull rip cord system. If the bc is not made with this on it already... then it really won't be possible to add it. You will have to simply get a BC that is weight integrated.

Barracuda
    Really the only way to make a BCD weight integrated is to buy one that is weight integreated. Unfurtunately this is not really something you can add to an existing BCD. I would either plan on waiting and buying on e that is weight integrated, or buy the one you are planning on, knowing that you will be spending more on an upgrade later. Really the only way.
    Dirty Water Dive Society. Oklahoma City's Newest Dive Club. http://www.Dirtywaterdive.com

TadPole
    Thanks. I usually use less than 7lb. So I thought that I could easily add weight pocket with dump. I'd better adhere to weight belt for the time being.

Anyway. Then is it possible to use weight pocket for BP/W harness? I can find some pocket with dump system but do not know I can use it with my regular BC.
    Last edited by pains; 12-10-2007 at 19:20.

TadPole
    I have a question here....what problem are you trying to solve? If you just want a weight integrated BC, then, yes, the only option is to buy one. If you want to carry less weight on your weight belt, you can add weight to your BC that is not ditchable, and just use your weight belt as ditchable weight. After all, guys that use the BP/W with a SS backplate have mainly "unditchable" weight. So, you could attach some weight to your BC semi-permanately, and use only a small amount of weight (enough to free you up to surface with an empty BC) in your weight belt. Depending on where you add your weight, you can help with trim problems as well.

You could mount weight on your tank strap (I carry 2 lbs there), attach them to your shoulder straps, or in your pockets of your BC (don't displace needed equipment). There are many ways to carry weight, just make sure you are solving the problem you mean to solve.

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by txmntman View Post
    If you want to carry less weight on your weight belt, you can add weight to your BC that is not ditchable, and just use your weight belt as ditchable weight.
    Yes. This is how I distribute my weight.

There are many ways to carry weight, just make sure you are solving the problem you mean to solve.
    I think there will be ditchable weight pocket for bp/w and want to know whether it's possible to use it with general BC. I mean I do not want to use my weight belt but still need ditchable weight.

As everybody said, buying weight integrated BC is the solution.

can't you just use something like the xs scuba ditchable wieght pockets and just hang or attach them to the belt of your bc?
    "May all your bubbles reach the surface before you do!" http://www.divebuddy.com/Linda

THE Supreme Master Spammer Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azdiver View Post
    can't you just use something like the xs scuba ditchable wieght pockets and just hang or attach them to the belt of your bc?
    Don't know what BC the OP uses, but that is exactly what a friend of mine does when he dive guides. Stashes extra weight about him to give to underweighted clients

the "quick attach" . no need to thread
    http://www.xsscuba.com/weight_belts.html
    Last edited by Splitlip; 12-17-2007 at 19:39.
    Tim "The Star and Crescent shall not be worn by every man, but only by him who is worthy to wear it. He must be a gentleman... a man of honor and courage... a man of zeal, yet humble... an intelligent man...a man of truth... one who tempers action with wisdom and, above all else, one who walks in the light of God."

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by Splitlip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by azdiver View Post
    Don't know what BC the OP uses, but that is exactly what a friend of mine does when he dive guides. Stashes extra weight about him to give to underweighted clients

the "quick attach" . no need to thread
    http://www.xsscuba.com/weight_belts.html
    Thank you for the info. It's almost what I'm looking for.
    Does anybody know it's weight ditchable in emergency?

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by pains View Post
    If you want to carry less weight on your weight belt, you can add weight to your BC that is not ditchable, and just use your weight belt as ditchable weight.
    Yes. This is how I distribute my weight.

There are many ways to carry weight, just make sure you are solving the problem you mean to solve.
    I think there will be ditchable weight pocket for bp/w and want to know whether it's possible to use it with general BC. I mean I do not want to use my weight belt but still need ditchable weight.

As everybody said, buying weight integrated BC is the solution.
    May be something like DUI Weight and Trim Classic, Drysuits, DUI, DUI Weight and Trim Classic should best fits your requirements?

Or just simple weight belt with Innovative Weight Belt Suspenders - Innovative Belts & Harnesses ?

I just bought the Zingle Scout BCD, so looking for solve the same problem...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information