Thread: Where to Post?

Images

Where to Post?

One thing that has bugged me since I started on this forum is that there really isn't an area (forum page) for Basic General Scuba Diving Questions. What am I missing? There is an area called "General Scuba Training" and an area called "Doesn't fit anywhere's else". Why not just a basic area for general questions?

S. Nagel

Barracuda
    Images
    I dont work for this board but this is speaking from a forum administration perspective.

Having a "general discussion" forum causes most newer people to only post questions in that forum instead of looking for a more specific forum to post in. With this system, people see the "doesnt fit anywhere else forum" and will actually search for more appropriate forums instead of just settling for general discussion. So, if whatever you want to discuss isnt covered in a more specific forum - the "doesnt fit..." forum is essentially the place to post the general discussion.

Images
    Thanks - this makes sense, but this also tends to limit the number of people that read the posts; therefore, limits the number of experts that have good answers to your questions. Just my own opinion. I can see this both ways - this also gets the "experts" into the specific forums of their expertise.

It just seems sometimes your topic really doesn't fit anywhere - thus "don't fit anyplace else try here" forum would be the appropriate place. But, just seems very odd to me.

I see your point of trying to break up the topics in separate forums, but you also get a lot of "good action" (sometimes bad) when you have so many people in one forum.

S. Nagel

Barracuda
    Most of us just use the new post button at the top of the page and read through all the new posts since we last visited. If you post in any of the forums, no matter which one, we will see it. Trust me, you'll get plenty of responses from everyone no matter where you decide to make you post.
    Dirty Water Dive Society. Oklahoma City's Newest Dive Club. http://www.Dirtywaterdive.com

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRacer1978 View Post
    Most of us just use the new post button at the top of the page and read through all the new posts since we last visited. If you post in any of the forums, no matter which one, we will see it. Trust me, you'll get plenty of responses from everyone no matter where you decide to make you post.
    And they'll be friendly!!! Everyone here is more than happy to help out. Even if you should post in the wrong area one of the admins or mods will move it for you and like RR said most peeps check the new posts section so it will show up for everyone to see and respond.
    No sooner does man discover intelligence than he tries to involve it in his own stupidity.
    Jacques Yves Cousteau

Grouper
    Maybe we should have a "Newbie" forum???

Images
    Thanks..actually, the "new posts button" works wonderful. I'm a guy, I don't read instructions, I just dive in (make your own decision if the pun was meant to be). I've been clicking through the forums the long way all the time...just like diving - you should always learn something new.

Thanks again, but I still think there needs to be a "general forum".

S. Nagel

Thread Information