Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: diving bra

Grouper
    New Market Tennessee on 30 acres of wild fruit and nut trees

diving bra

I was wondering, if you dont have a suit and are big busted would a minimizer sports bra be better to work with than no bra at all?
    They both get squooshed anyway, but I was wondering if I woudl be better off with a sports type or just an athletic top wiht shelf bra.

j

Guppy
    Images
    I'm pleading the fifth on this one!!

Barracuda ST-Forum Mod dallasdivergirl's Avatar
    Are you saying that you don't have a wet suit or swim suit? If it's no wet suit I would suggest an athletic type swimsuit, like from speedo or something with tons of support. If you don't have a swim suit I think that a sports bra would be fine. I know title 9 has some very good support sports bras on their website.
    Sparky the ninjita
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

http://beautybelow.com/

If you don't like wearing a one piece suit, try buying a swimwuit tank top with a built in bra.
    "May all your bubbles reach the surface before you do!" http://www.divebuddy.com/Linda

I like ExOfficio's sports bras. They have a lot of support and line dry in about an hour, which is important for travel.
    Co-author of Yoga for Scuba Divers

Grouper
    New Market Tennessee on 30 acres of wild fruit and nut trees

thanks

what happens in the swim suits is the shelf bras dont hold in with a large bust. And teh underwires in the plsu size irritate.

So I bought a dual sports bras bathing suit tankini top, and it just didn thold either. Plus size one piece are a pain to get out if your in a hurry to go.... PLus teh backs never close correctly and the strap keepers to keep it closed are irritating.
    But theer are loads of sports bras made to minimize and are soft, but not
    " swim wear".
    I found two that are nice and supportive, but I was just wondering if that woudl make a difference in the way a wet suit fits as well.
    I will try out the company suggested. as hubby says, spare no expense to be comfortable.....

i would think that any cotton sports bra would work. a girlfriend of mine that is rather big busted uses a swim top with soft built in bra and she seems to like it but all she wears when diving is a tank top over it and nylon shorts.

i used to play a lot of racquetball and really liked the champion ones... the pull over kind, not the ones that hooked in back! if you have a sporting goods store near you i would go in and look around at the different ones they have. also, most of the major department stores have several different types of sport bras in the bra section.

hope you find something that works for you!!
    "May all your bubbles reach the surface before you do!" http://www.divebuddy.com/Linda

Grouper
    If you look in an Eddie Bauer catalog or on line they have some very nice swim suits that are way more supportive. More expensive also but definitely worth it.

Grouper
    Images
    Let's say I passed triple D's years ago.
    The swimsuits that work best for me are athletic one pieces with the clasp on the upper back. They come up high enough so that nothing spills out or over.
    I just tried my Bare Velocty 14+ westuit last week, and it worked like a charm.
    I use sports bras under build in bra tank tops when I exercise. Just one doesnt work for me.
    if you are wearing it under a wetsuit, nylon will slide better than cotton.

Guppy
    Images

Smile

I think this thread needs some visual aids, you know photo's etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information