Thread: Bio Fin HT vs. Bio Fin Pro

Hybrid View

TadPole

Question Bio Fin HT vs. Bio Fin Pro

Hey everyone,
    My lovely Wife gave me some Apollo Bio HT with the C-Straps. She got them from ScubaToys of course . Since I have never even tried split fins I have been doing some research on-line on the HT's. About the only thing I could come up with is the HT has a harder rubber and is designed to give the diver more resistance when kicking. I was hoping to find a review or an article but came up with only the standard Bio's.

I was hoping someone from Apollo or someone here could help me understand the difference and maybe help me decide if I should keep these fins or return them for the standard fins.

Here are some questions I have:
    1. How does the harder rubber affect performance?
    2. Can I apply the reviews and test data from the Bio Pro's to the HT?
    3. If it were you, would you keep the HT's or go for the standard Bio's?

Some basic info on me that might help you with your answers:
    # of dives: 25
    Current Fins: Aqualung Blades 2

Thanks for any info you can provide,
    Chris

Grouper Founding Member
    Chris: Welcome to the Board. However, I do not know how to answer your question referring to Bio "HT" fins, when there is no such product even listed on the S/T website. The "XT" fins are stiffer, and have a slightly different "feel". Both are excellent fins. The Apollo website DOES have some detailed info about the XT fins, and how different colors can also have different stiffness ratings because of how they are made.
    NAUI Instructor. Scubatoys dive staff. Loyal Scubatoys customer.

Apollo Bio Fins

Being quite the mannly man (if you listen closely you can hear my wife laughing hysterically) I purchased a set of the Apollo HT/XT/whatever fins for myself and a set of the Bio Fin Pro's for my wife. My wife absolutely loved hers, on the other hand I wasn't thrilled. It seemed that the HT's/XT's were causing cramping. I was able to exchange the HT's/XT's for a set of the Pro's and consider the fins to be one of my best purchases.

Enjoy,

Greg

TadPole
    Sorry for the confusion. I meant to say XT not HT. My mistake.

TadPole
    [QUOTE=bullzi;111667]Hey everyone,
    My lovely Wife gave me some Apollo Bio HT with the C-Straps. She got them from ScubaToys of course . Since I have never even tried split fins I have been doing some research on-line on the HT's. About the only thing I could come up with is the HT has a harder rubber and is designed to give the diver more resistance when kicking. I was hoping to find a review or an article but came up with only the standard Bio's.

I was hoping someone from Apollo or someone here could help me understand the difference and maybe help me decide if I should keep these fins or return them for the standard fins.

Here are some questions I have:
    1. How does the harder rubber affect performance?"

Chris:
    The XT is 15% stiffer than the standard bio-fin pro. The XT model has more resistance and feels more like a conventional paddle style fin.

2. Can I apply the reviews and test data from the Bio Pro's to the HT?

Here is a link to our comparison data:

Apollo Sports: Dive Gear: Split Fins: Overview

3. If it were you, would you keep the HT's or go for the standard Bio's?

The standard pro will feel as if you have nothing on your feet and will provide the most efficiency and the least resistance. The XT will provide more low end torque and "push off" and you will certainly "feel" the fin. The choice is, of course, yours.
    mdb

in pink

do you or can you get the bio fins in pink
    (how much plus shippin to australia
    tx

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba pup View Post
    do you or can you get the bio fins in pink (how much plus shippin to australia
    tx
    bio-fins are available in pink in sizes XS, SM and MD. Joe or Larry will be able to give you a quote on price and shipping.

For more information on Apollo Australia you can see their website @ : Scuba Online :
    mdb

Guppy
    BTW, I just made my first dives with the Bio-Fin Pro-C and I am in love! I was diving in the Atlantic off the coast of South Carolina in a pretty decent current and was absolutely thrilled with the performance of the Bio-Fin Pro. I can't imagine needing a stiffer fin, but that is truly a matter of personal preference.

Grouper
    I love mine too- it feels like you aren't even wearing anything on your feet

Quote Originally Posted by mselizann View Post
    I love mine too- it feels like you aren't even wearing anything on your feet
    I second that, they are GREAT!

Thread Information