Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tusa Fins

Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRon View Post
    My daughter has the Liberators. She has been having problems with cramping while using them. Of course she is only 13 and they seem to be pretty stiff for her. I'm looking for something a little smaller and easier on the leg muscles for her. Any suggestions from anyone?
    I, too, have the X-pert Zooms... love em... pretty much any split fin will benefit your daughter, but the Zooms and the Biofins seem to be about the best of the splits out there...
    -cody / on vacation from vacation...
    PADI MSDT Instructor, US Coast Guard Captain - Master Near Coastal

Grouper
    i have the tri-ex fins, but i can't really compare them to anything because i haven't tried any other fins. they worked fine on my checkout dives! if i could go back, i'd probably just get the cheaper fins you pointed out and find what i really wanted later. i don't have many dives on these fins yet, so that may change though =)

Grouper
    Some part of fin choice also has to do with your fitness level. If you have strong legs and great endurance you can get away with a fin that some will complain about fatigue and cramps. I don't really care because I run, swim, and exercise enough to where the only problem usually complain about is a fin having too much give (too little control).

I have the imprex Tri-EX. They are my first fins and they work great for me.
    ^_^=>_<

Grouper
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by diverdan_51 View Post
    Like soonerwink, I also have the XPert Zooms. I've never owned either of the others. If you can afford the extra money, I'd go with the Zooms. They give great propulsion underwater but where I notice the bigger difference in on the surface. When swimming on the surface, the Zooms don't "smack" the surface like plain blades do. Just my thoughts...
    copy that....both my wife and I also dive the Xpert Zooms.....I really like then.....minimal effort, lots of thrust. Go Zoom!
    www.epyc.com "always on the bite!"
    blog.pacprologbook.com

Barracuda Founding Member
    since we're talking about TUSA Fins.... have they had a MAP increase recently?

I've noticed all the sudden most sites are carrying them for $149 MAP instead of $129 like it used to be?

anyone else noticed or know?

Grouper
    I have set of Tusa Imprex open heel fins that are about 15 years old. Great fins. They are green and my nickname was the frog. I finally bought few new sets of fins in the last few years. The first set to replace the Tusas was open heel Mares Quattros which are virtually the exact same fin as my Imprex fins(except not green). And now I dive Cressi 2000s. The Imprex and Quatros are favored by me, over everything but the Cressis, because they are fairly stiff large basic fins that displace a lot of water with little movement. It depends on what style your after: A slow kick moving alot of water. Or the other type of style that split fins and such provide, which I think is a rapid kick that moves less water but also keeps legs from overexerting.
    Since I prefer the slow kick with powerful fins the Cressis 2000s ended up being my final selection. I think the Tusa Imprex and Mares Quatros are supreme general fins for many applications, and great fins to start with, as they are middle of the road fins and you can choose which direction to go from there.

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizbear98 View Post
    I'm buying fins for the first time, and I've narrowed it down to two. Does anybody have either the Tusa Imprex Tri-EX SF-6 Fins or the Tusa Liberator Fins? What are the main differences in the two other than price?
    My wife had the Liberator until she lost one. She now has the Imprex which she likes better. Faster, easier kicking, more comfortable. My sister has the Tusa split fin that she likes a lot. Faster, easier kicking, more comfortable.

Barracuda ST-Forum Mod dallasdivergirl's Avatar
    MAP on the tusa fins has increased since the first of the year.

I have zooms & if had to pick a blade fin I would go with the tri-ex's.

I really kind of like the mares raptors in green!
    Sparky the ninjita
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

http://beautybelow.com/

Grouper

Green Mares Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by dallasdivergirl View Post
    MAP on the tusa fins has increased since the first of the year.

I have zooms & if had to pick a blade fin I would go with the tri-ex's.

I really kind of like the mares raptors in green!
    I just received my Green XL Mares Raptor fins on Friday. I ordered them without ever looking at them other than in a picture. I was quite surprised. There is a considerable amount of the green plastic in relation to the black rubber than I expected. The toe part of the foot pocket is mainly green plastic, so the foot pocket is stiff. It would be better if they had a picture from the rear and also of the side angle of the fin.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information