Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We'll be at Morrison Springs Friday, 1/18/08

Grouper Founding Member

We'll be at Morrison Springs Friday, 1/18/08

We'll be at Morrison Springs Friday, 1/18/08 around 11am. We're meeting some potential divers for a Discover Scuba, but we'll also be doing a dive outside of that. If anyone is interested in coming out, it should be a fun day. Also, if you know anyone who is interested in diving, let me know. Our Discover Scuba is free. We would just need some advance notice to make sure we bring enough tanks and gear with us.

Grouper
    Images
    I would LOVE to go and take my wife because I am trying to get her into scuba and get her certed. There is only one problem that stands in the way right now. The forcast is calling for a high in the 40s with rain and my wife gets cold when I turn the thermostat below 76 degrees. So let me know when you are going in warmer weather as I think the discover scuba would be the way to get her involved. I however may still come. I'm not cave certified but I wouldn't mind buddying up with someone for some non-cave action! Do ya think a 4/3 full will be too little suit?

And other than this trip, I haven't forgotten about you-my neighbor in Marianna. I've just been honeymooning. But I am DYING to get underwater!!! So I'll be looking you up to go diving soon if you are still interested
    "We have a right to believe whatever we want, but not everything we believe is right." - Ravi Zacharias

Barracuda Founding Member
    I wouldn't put much into a weather forecast 11 days out, and just in case you don't know, Morrison water temp is 68 degrees year round.
    The water's more exciting.. with CHUM in it!

Grouper
    Images
    LOL...I know its a long range forcast but I worst case senario it and then if I get lucky, good. And I know the water temp. but that will probably only be acceptible to my wife when it is above that temperature-wise out of the water. It will suprise me greatly if on Jan 18th it is in the 70s when there is a cold front on its way.
    "We have a right to believe whatever we want, but not everything we believe is right." - Ravi Zacharias

I can't make it to Morrison until the 19th. Me and my wife are driving to Panama City from Ohio on the 18th, won't be in till that night. Maybe someone will want to dive vortex the 19th? Just throwing that out there.
    What we obtain to cheap, we esteem too lightly…it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated.

Barracuda
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by moosicman View Post
    I would LOVE to go and take my wife because I am trying to get her into scuba and get her certed. There is only one problem that stands in the way right now. The forcast is calling for a high in the 40s with rain and my wife gets cold when I turn the thermostat below 76 degrees. So let me know when you are going in warmer weather as I think the discover scuba would be the way to get her involved. I however may still come. I'm not cave certified but I wouldn't mind buddying up with someone for some non-cave action! Do ya think a 4/3 full will be too little suit?

And other than this trip, I haven't forgotten about you-my neighbor in Marianna. I've just been honeymooning. But I am DYING to get underwater!!! So I'll be looking you up to go diving soon if you are still interested
    You will need some sort of over jacket when out of the water...and a hooded vest is not a bad deal. I tried Morrison two weeks ago, and it was flooded (which means so serious bad vis also).

I worry more about how high the river is, and this storm headed our way may mess the area up for a month or so.

Love Morrison, but only when the river is low.

Barracuda
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnod View Post
    I can't make it to Morrison until the 19th. Me and my wife are driving to Panama City from Ohio on the 18th, won't be in till that night. Maybe someone will want to dive vortex the 19th? Just throwing that out there.

John, if you guys can leave on night before, you are more than welcome to stay at my place and leave in the morning...will give you an extra half day. You could be there before noon. (I'm under seven hours from Panama city)

Grouper
    Images
    Hey, weather permitting I'm up for doing both Morrison and Vortex! I need to go get me a hood....

Puffer Fish...do you cave dive? and are there some good eels at Morrison above cave level?

Moderator Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    Images
    I wish I could make it. I've dove Morrisons before and loved it. Even the river basin. Not sure about Vortex. From a few of the pictures I've seen, it might be an alright dive.

Rob, want to dive Pelham Feb2? I have a quite a few divers saying that they are going to make it.
    Please PM me if you need any help.

Barracuda
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by moosicman View Post
    Hey, weather permitting I'm up for doing both Morrison and Vortex! I need to go get me a hood....

Puffer Fish...do you cave dive? and are there some good eels at Morrison above cave level?

My avatar is from the river basin at Morrison.

Morrison is a giant cavern....not really a cave system. Bottom around 80 or 90 ft, depending on the river level.

There are some eels at the top, but most are at the bottom - neat to see.

At it's best, Morrison has the clearest water I have ever seen... just not at it's best all the time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information