Thread: Bare Dry Gloves System

Bare Dry Gloves System

I am thinking of buying the Bare Dry Gloves system to add to my Bare HD Tech Suit. Any comments or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    I'd take a look at the Diving Concepts rings as an alternative. The DC rings and the Viking Bayonet rings are the two most highly-regarded dry glove systems I've seen out there. Others exist, but these two have the fewest complaints.

Thanks CompuDude, just checked out their website and read some reviews. I am wondering if I might just go with a dry glove that has its own latex seal, rather than the ring attachment. Usually our dives only last an hour or so, so that might be the easiest way to go.

Barracuda
    I have the BARE system. Just make sure you cut the liners and gloves once the rings are on or they will not seal properly.

I replaced the yellow liners with a pair of smartwool glove liners, love them very warm, fit well, and do not get in the way of the rings.

Oh, and if you do dives in sandy areas, make sure to keep sand out of the rings, if you get some in, use lots of water to get it out.

Thanks Terrillja,

I do dive in sandy/muddy areas, so maybe just a dry glove might be the best way. Yesterday, I saw a set of Diving Concepts with a latex seal, and might just go that way. I will just have a small cold ring on might wrist during dives, but it beats no being able to use your fingers for 30 mintues after a dive.

Barracuda
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone3565 View Post
    Thanks Terrillja,

I do dive in sandy/muddy areas, so maybe just a dry glove might be the best way. Yesterday, I saw a set of Diving Concepts with a latex seal, and might just go that way. I will just have a small cold ring on might wrist during dives, but it beats no being able to use your fingers for 30 mintues after a dive.
    Check this out:
    DIR-diver.com - Dryglove rigging

Grouper
    I am using the Bare/Sci Tech dry gloves.. I haven't cut any of the gloves but it doesn't leak.. I probably wouldn't buy them. It was a package deal with my DS. If I took it off the package it was only like 30 dollars cheaper so I kept them.. The 2 ssytems that compudude mentioned I heard they were good at my LDS.. But they were really exp. 180 dollars .

Before I wore 6mm wetsuit gloves after 5 min. My hands were freezing in 33F water. I wore reef gloves for 40 min in 55F water(did 4 dives in same day all with reef gloves) It was a bit chilly but bearable. I wouldnt wear dry gloves unless it is really cold or like you said in dirty water..

Thread Information