Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travel Hangers

Grouper Founding Member

Travel Hangers

Has anyone used or know anything about this XS Scuba travel hanger? Seems like a good idea. It folds up to a compact size.

Wetsuit Hanger:

BC Hanger:

Grouper Founding Member
    I've never used them, but I did check them out at a LDS here and they didn't look too bad. It's a good idea for travel I suppose. I ended up buying the non-travel ones, but that's only because they're permanently on a gear rack in my basement. So there was no need to have them fold. If you do travel regularly, I could see them being a worthwhile investment.

Shane

Guppy Founding Member
    I haven't seen them before but they look (by your pictures) to be ok..
    <font color=BLUE>tx.lakerat</font>

------
    <font color=BLUE>Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did - she just did it backwards and in high heels - Ann Richards</font>

www.scuba-diving-cozumel.com

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Judestudio View Post
    Has anyone used or know anything about this XS Scuba travel hanger? Seems like a good idea. It folds up to a compact size.

Wetsuit Hanger:

BC Hanger:
    I have both. I also have the UK ones (non-folding).

I'll tell you what I like and don't like about each.

XS (folding):
    [Good] The rotating hanger hook rocks. Allows me to hang stuff off a door, or off the top of my shower door for handing gear to dry. The little accessory hooks were handy. Once.
    [Bad] While quite strong, I don't think they're as strong as the UK hangers, which are inherently stronger, being all one piece. Also, the folding option seems like it saves space on paper, but in reality it just changes the shape. I actually find it easier to pack the UK ones, which lay flatter.

UK (non-folding):
    [Good] Strong as h***. Built like a freaking tank. They'll likely outlive me. Lies flat for packing, without extra stuff sticking out.
    [Bad] The hook is very strong, but thick, so unlike a regular clothes hanger, it's really impossible to hang these parallel to a wall/door/whatever by hooking at a an angle. You really need a hook or a rod to hang them off of. Not possible to hang off a standard door, as a result, or along the top rail of my shower (unless it can hang perpendicular).

Grouper Founding Member
    Strength and durability are the only things that matter, especially traveling (if it breaks, you are screwed). Any thing that collapes is in greater danger of breaking.
    <font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">New Orleans: the Drastically Reduced Easy</font>

I was going to get one of the collapsable ones for travel purposes but ended up getting a non-collapsable one instead, mainly because of the strength of them and because I was going to be using them at home, I wanted something that would last. I have travelled with the non-collapsable hanger with no problems - lies flat and can fit on top or at the side of a bag. However as someone else has pointed out, the hook is thick and won't hang up easily if you can't have it hanging free (eg, it won't easily hang from a door).

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by picxie View Post
    I was going to get one of the collapsable ones for travel purposes but ended up getting a non-collapsable one instead, mainly because of the strength of them and because I was going to be using them at home, I wanted something that would last. I have travelled with the non-collapsable hanger with no problems - lies flat and can fit on top or at the side of a bag. However as someone else has pointed out, the hook is thick and won't hang up easily if you can't have it hanging free (eg, it won't easily hang from a door).
    I always hang my hood off the shower head, both at home and while traveling. (shower head through the face hole)

Never needed a custom hanger for it.

I'm happy I have both, but as I said, I actually prefer to travel with the non-folding ones because they really seem to take less space.

Barracuda Founding Member
    Images
    I looked at this at LP (they have it in the store on display). It was much sturdier than I thought it would be. I wasn't going to buy it b/c I don't have problems packing the flat ones, but the more I think about it, the rotating hanger will come in handy at hotels.

Guppy Founding Member
    How much room does a non-folding hanger take up in your luggage? They pack flat. I can't see the purpose for one of these folding ones. I just bring my regular XS hangers along.

Grouper Founding Member
    Images
    I dunno, I have enough trouble with weight & space requirements packing all my stuff for a trip, don't think I could justify bringing along hangers too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information