Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dive Trip Planning Log

Images

Dive Trip Planning Log

Last year, my winter project was to put together a "Midwest Dive Log" complete with specific dive location and GPS coords of dive spots such as the Zeb in Table Rock, Duck Island, Coptor Cove at Beaver, etc. I have this is a Word Format. If anybody is interested send me an email at nagel1990@charter.net. The file is too big to post here.

This year I thought, what we really need is information about dive trips such as a good hotel/motel to stay at or a good camping location or a good dive operator. I could easily google all this, but what I really need is information from all of you. You know who is good and who to stay away from. So my challenge to you is can you provide me with information on planning a dive trip in the midwest. Areas such as Table Rock, Bull Shoals, Norfork, Oranago, Mermett Springs, etc. I'm sure there are other places as well.

Information I'm looking for:

1) Name the Dive Location.
    2) What is a good hotel/motel in the area - Phone numbers would be great, a short bio of your experience, GPS Coords if you have them.
    3) Any good camping in the area?
    4) Any air fill locations?
    5) Any place to stay away from?
    6) Any specific Dive Shops or Dive Operators in the area - good or bad?
    7) Any good resturaunts in the area? Anything to stay away from?
    8) Does anybody give any "Diver Discounts"?

I think you get the picture. The more information the better. If you would be willing to share this information, I surely would appreciate it. I plan on putting all the information together and if anybody would like a copy let me know.

S. Nagel

Grouper
    Ten Killer

Images
    Hey Maverick,

Can you tell me a little more about Ten Killer? Never been there, any good hotels, dive ops, etc.?

S. Nagel

Grouper
    just some small motels nothing fancy nice bbq restaurant couple dive shops 1 in cookson one south side of lake they have a dive park nice camp grounds

Grouper
    Do you want us to email you the info or just post it?

Images
    Just post the information in the forum that way it will be on the forum. I will put it in another format and may be able to post it all accumulated later.

Thanks,
    S. Nagel

Grouper
    Dive Training Magizine has places through out the US. U could probably get one of those magizines and look it up on the we site. I don't have the web site off hand. But they also list what's available and what's not.

Grouper
    I started a post about Pearl Lake in South Beloit IL. (by WI border above Rockford). 37 acre lake with a sand bottom. And a bunch of stuff sunk including a sub and a plane. Depth up to 85'. They do Air fills, have a very nice campground, and a resturant. I use Loves Park Scuba as my main LDS and this is just a little south of the Lake. Loves Park also does charters to Lake MI, and Lake Geneva. I would love a copy of your final list, thanks, Darin
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "I'm going where the weather suits my clothes" Fred Neil / Jimmy Buffett
    "Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry" Mark Twain

Grouper

Question

A final list of dive sites I would also like a copy. Will U post it that anyone can get a copy when it's complete?

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by DarinMartell View Post
    I started a post about Pearl Lake in South Beloit IL. (by WI border above Rockford). 37 acre lake with a sand bottom. And a bunch of stuff sunk including a sub and a plane. Depth up to 85'. They do Air fills, have a very nice campground, and a resturant. I use Loves Park Scuba as my main LDS and this is just a little south of the Lake. Loves Park also does charters to Lake MI, and Lake Geneva. I would love a copy of your final list, thanks, Darin

My in-laws live in Rockford, never really thought about diving when we go to see them but why not...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information