Thread: China?

Grouper Founding Member

China?

Hey, any good dive spots in China?

I'll be in Hainan soon.
    have heard the diving there is really terrible.

anyone know about Hainan or elsewhere in China?

Hainan Island is about the only place worthdiving in China. It's a bit expensive by other Asian standards and not up to par with The Philippines or Thailand. But it beats not diving at all I guess. If you can manage a few extra days, catch a hop out of Hong Kong to Manila, you can be in world class waters in 5 hrs or so.

Grouper
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Asiadiver View Post
    Hainan Island is about the only place worthdiving in China. It's a bit expensive by other Asian standards and not up to par with The Philippines or Thailand. But it beats not diving at all I guess. If you can manage a few extra days, catch a hop out of Hong Kong to Manila, you can be in world class waters in 5 hrs or so.

My thoughts are to fly to Guam (Continental has a flight on Friday and Monday PM) and from there you can get to Palau and Yap . Now that is diving!
    There are those dives that make you question your sanity, if not the need to seek immediate counseling.

Grouper Founding Member
    Definitely so!
    But in Hainan i'm going to try an island off the south in a couple of days. It's a new place.

Thread Information