Thread: Celebrate Virginia/Alabama

Grouper

Celebrate Virginia/Alabama

Not sure if anyone knows what I am talking about but the cities fire department that I work for, in Opelika Alabama is going to be getting what is called Celebrate Alabama. I was told that they had one in Virginia and looked it up. I noticed that they offered scuba. Its in Fredericburg Virginia.Not sure if Alabama will have the same thing. I was wondering if anyone has ever dove there and your thoughts?Thanks

Grouper
    what exactly is it?

Guppy
    I live in alabama and ive never heard of this..... What city? 'cause if there's scuba, then celebrate I will!

Grouper
    It in Opelika Alabama. It is supposed to be a huge retail shopping place. It will have a civic center to have expos, an ampitheathre, movie theatre, all kinds of shopping, an indoor water park, hotels, resteraunts. I think the one in Alabama will be something like 256 acres or something like that. It will be huge. It is gonna be located in the city whose Fire Department I work for. Sometimes we get early information and more accurate info as to what will actually be built out there. I am gonna try my best to talk to some people and find out if they will in fact have scuba or if that was just for Virginia. The company that will own it or whatever is silver company. I think you could just go to their website to find out a little info about it

Grouper
    So is it kind of like Mall of America?
    *Insert Witty Comment Here*

Barracuda Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by easyrider003 View Post
    It in Opelika Alabama. It is supposed to be a huge retail shopping place. It will have a civic center to have expos, an ampitheathre, movie theatre, all kinds of shopping, an indoor water park, hotels, resteraunts. I think the one in Alabama will be something like 256 acres or something like that. It will be huge. It is gonna be located in the city whose Fire Department I work for. Sometimes we get early information and more accurate info as to what will actually be built out there. I am gonna try my best to talk to some people and find out if they will in fact have scuba or if that was just for Virginia. The company that will own it or whatever is silver company. I think you could just go to their website to find out a little info about it

so what's their website? (EDIT. Celebrate Alabama painfully boring and slow)

what's the details?

I can't see Opelika being hugh enough to get something that sounds that big?

rest assured, there will be a Guthries in it I'm sure!

more info I found on google
    The development will be surrounded by luxury hotels, restaurants and retail. The project will be anchored by a hotel with an indoor water park, theatre space for live entertainment, a multi-screen drive-in theatre, upscale RV park, apartments, bus tours and pedestrian-friendly trails. Celebrate Alabama, dubbed a major retail, entertainment and attractions destination, is expected to span more than 535 acres and when complete will create approximately 5,000 jobs with a capital investment approaching $1 billion, according to Silver Companies and city officials.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyxistal View Post
    So is it kind of like Mall of America?
    I can't see it being anywhere near that big.... (but heck. maybe I'm wrong)

Barracuda
    that sounds a bit crazy but if there really is going to be an awesome "scuba diving park" in it then i might just have to check it out,

Grouper
    Yeah I agree that it seems a bit big for Opelika but when I got to the Fire Station the other day one of the guys on my shift said that when he passed by they were unloading the epuiptment to start clearing off the property where this place will be. Anyways. I'll try to see who I can talk to and as I find out more info about a scuba place, ill let ya know when/what I find out

Thread Information