Thread: Grand Turk trip report, November 2007

TadPole

Grand Turk trip report, November 2007

It's probably a good thing that I waited this long to post about my Grand Turk trip of late November 2007. The report would have been a lot longer if I'd written it sooner.

My wife and I stayed at the Osprey Beach Hotel and dove with Oasis Divers. The accomodations, while by no means luxurious, were perfectly adequate for our needs. Oasis Divers, just a short walk from the Osprey, was excellent in all regards. The dive sites were varied and interesting. If there was any disappointment, it was that the visibility was not as good as I had hoped (is it ever?). That said, it varied from under 50 feet to 70+ feet for most of our dives. We were told to expect food prices to be high on Grand Turk. While there's no McDonalds or Taco Bell for really inexpensive meals, we were pleased to find some affordable options. And some very nice meals were available for the same, or less, than they would cost in the states. Grand Turk is a relatively small, relatively quiet island, and that suits my wife and I perfectly. There's no question that it costs a little more (more than "a little more") to get to a location like Grand Turk. But we were glad that we did. And we will dive there again if the opportunity arises.

-- Larry B.

TadPole
    Some photos from our Grand Turk trip.

-- Larry B.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Grouper
    Images
    Nice shots! I am jealous, Turk is on the list of things to dive!! I am glad you had a great time! I like the stingray shot...they always look so intense for such a chill creature...
    Get Wet,
    Eric

TadPole
    Thanks for the report. I will be there next month as a cruise ship stop. Oasis also handles the cruise excursions.

As an FYI, they are without Nitox right now as their Nitrox compressor head blew last week. Hopefully it will be repaired before I get down there.

Thread Information