Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morrit's Grand April 2008

Grouper
    Images

Morrit's Grand April 2008

We will be staying at Morrit's Grand in April 2008. I have been reading as much as I can find about the area. It sounds like the diving will be fabulous. My husband doesn't dive, so i am looking for any info that will help him have a wonderful time while I am diving. I plan on spending lots of time with him, but I really want to be underwater as much as possible. He likes to golf, eat good food and snorkle. I am hoping he will love GC so that he will agree to go back often. thanks for any help. Choco

TadPole
    There is snorkelling at Morrits an also at Ocean Fontiers down the road (which I would highly recommend for the diving). Food is better in the West but you have Portofinos in the East End which is lovely and further along the road past Est End there is the Lighthouse restaurant which is also very nice. Both have fabulous ocean views. The only golf courses are inland from Seven Mile Beach but the drive is only just over half an hour outside of rush hour (avoid rush hour at all costs!). Rum Point is an extremely pleasant drive along the north coast road where there is a beautiful beach and the (in)famous Kaibo for food and drink (try the mudslides).

TadPole
    I'm heading there in March 3 weeks and counting. I'm told it's a wounderful place under as well as top side. Anything is better than 0 degrees F and 80 inches of snow!
    We are busy people just like all other busy people, rewarded with the rewards which are rewarded to busy people! - I just want to go diving.

TadPole
    well without wishing to sound smug, looking out of the window now it is about 88F and brilliant sunshine!

Grouper
    Morrits used to have arguably the best snorkelling in the island underneath their dock. Unfortunately Ivan totally destroyed it. Anyone know if it has been rebuilt?

The pair of you could do a Stingray City snorkelling trip from Rum Point.Water is only waist deep and those rays get big.

Guppy
    I'll be there Mar 29th-April 5th. I've been staying at Morritt's now for over 15 years. This will be my first time staying in the Grand. DLXM is right on Portifino's is very good. We also like to go to The Lighthouse and when we prefer a more casual setting we head west to the Over the Edge. I definately would avoid diving w/ the dive shop on site (Red Sail). They took over a number of years back and the service left with the previous owners. Oceanfrontiers is definitly the way to go. Not only do you get great diving they also make it fun. Great personalities who enjoy their jobs.

Is any body else going to be in paradise at the same time?
    Last edited by DRNightdiver; 02-16-2008 at 11:26. Reason: sp

Grouper
    Images
    Thanks everyone. I'm starting a restaurant list from what I've read so I can print it out and take it with me.
    sounds like we need to rent a car, to get around. Driving on the wrong side sounds like a challenge, I've only ever done that on a scooter.
    I'm about to look at Ocean Frontiers webpage.

Grouper
    Images
    Also, we will be arriving two days prior and staying an extra three days after our week at Morrits Grand. Where are some good places to stay that would give us a different feel for the island? Something a non-diver would just LOVE.
    Last edited by Chocoholic; 02-21-2008 at 14:39. Reason: add info

TadPole
    for a non-diver, it depends on your budget, the Turtle Nest is a great location although if you are staying at Morritt's it may be worth considering something nearer seven mile beach to get a contrast where, to be honest, the list is pretty extensive as are the prices. It is much more touristy than the east end and Turtle Nest but the beach itself is very nice (albeit crowded when the cruise ships are in). Check out the hotel websites for deals and see what you can get. As for driving on the left you will soon get used to it as everyone around you will be doing the same thing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information