Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Whites Inflator Hose

  1. #1
    Shark Founding Member
    Join Date
    07/10/2007
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,344

    Whites Inflator Hose

    There is a recall on the new inflator hose from Whites. I am going to try to attach the document here but if it does not work you can go to their website.

    I am glad that they were so forth comming with the info on this. This could be real bad at 100'.

    Phil
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Barracuda
    Join Date
    07/27/2007
    Location
    Central NH/Central MA/Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,178
    Quote Originally Posted by skdvr View Post
    There is a recall on the new inflator hose from Whites. I am going to try to attach the document here but if it does not work you can go to their website.

    I am glad that they were so forth comming with the info on this. This could be real bad at 100'.

    Phil
    Thanks for posting that. How the QD can shear off is beyond me. They must have had a terrible alloy that they used...

  3. #3
    Shark Founding Member
    Join Date
    07/10/2007
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,344
    Quote Originally Posted by terrillja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skdvr View Post
    There is a recall on the new inflator hose from Whites. I am going to try to attach the document here but if it does not work you can go to their website.

    I am glad that they were so forth comming with the info on this. This could be real bad at 100'.

    Phil
    Thanks for posting that. How the QD can shear off is beyond me. They must have had a terrible alloy that they used...
    Must be. I messed with mine a little last night and if sure feels solid, BUT I am not taking the chance... I would have never thought that it would shear off...

    Phil

  4. #4
    Barracuda
    Join Date
    08/20/2007
    Location
    SA TX
    Posts
    1,378
    That's enough to scare the barnacles off me. Good thing I have the old style hose...thanks for posting Phil.
    NAUI Instructor, NAUI Trimix Diver

  5. #5
    Guppy
    Join Date
    01/11/2008
    Location
    chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    181
    Another good reason to dive doubles.

  6. #6
    Grouper
    Join Date
    07/31/2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    740
    Seriously, this is scary for people who don't dive much, how would they know something is wrong if they aren't cruising the internet?

  7. #7
    Barracuda
    Join Date
    07/27/2007
    Location
    Central NH/Central MA/Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,178
    Quote Originally Posted by newways View Post
    Another good reason to dive doubles.
    Maybe it's just me, but I fail to see how diving doubles would help if your DS inflator hose fitting sheared off

  8. #8
    Grouper
    Join Date
    10/28/2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    537
    You can turn off the regulator with the leaking hose and still have another reg to breathe from. You won't loose all your gas via the leaking hose because there is an isolator between the 2 tanks (which you would close).

    A good buddy will also provide a working reg to breathe off of and have adequate gas to make it back to the surface.

  9. #9
    Barracuda
    Join Date
    07/27/2007
    Location
    Central NH/Central MA/Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,178
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflock View Post
    You can turn off the regulator with the leaking hose and still have another reg to breathe from. You won't loose all your gas via the leaking hose because there is an isolator between the 2 tanks (which you would close).

    A good buddy will also provide a working reg to breathe off of and have adequate gas to make it back to the surface.
    I didn't think about the fact that the hose would be leaking. You're right about the doubles then.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Inflator Hose
    By snagel in forum Dry Suits
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 08:05
  2. Inflator hose securing
    By torrey in forum DIY
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-29-2007, 19:45
  3. Brigade Inflator Hose Restraint
    By rfreddo in forum Zeagle
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 15:56
  4. Inflator Hose on Brigade
    By lucidblue in forum Zeagle
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-07-2007, 08:55
  5. Inflator hose compatibility?
    By torrey in forum How do I fix this?
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-04-2007, 08:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •