Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Duffle of backpack?

Grouper
    Get a cheap old bag to keep your gear in for use on a diveboat but you will get by real well with a Rubbermaid tub like others have said. Keeps wet gear from messing up your car and can use it soak your gear and the price is right. I have Stahlsac gear and a bunch of other bags but tend to use the plastic tub for most of my diving.

Grouper
    Either, just make sure it is mesh.

Grouper
    I use a duffel to store and transport my gear when not wet or going to get wet. If Im going on a boat or to the springs I pack my gear in a mesh backpack.

Grouper
    I use a big duffel for local "cold" diving, "call outs", and storage (as well as the living room floor, various closets, the dining room table and an extra bedroom), an Akona Evolution roller for travel...and storage, and an Akona mesh back pack for schlepping my gear back and forth when I'm boat diving, it fits in one of the front pockets of the roller bag.
    Last edited by johnyringo; 03-03-2008 at 00:21.
    I dive, therefor I am...

Barracuda Founding Member
    I have some mesh duffel bags and they worked fine. Recently bought a mesh backpack which is so much better then duffel bags if you have to walk anywhere.

Grouper
    I'm part of the rubbermaid clan. Just keeps everything dry and tidy, and protects too. I have been considering a hockey bag with wheels for on the boat. You can find them for $40 and withstand wet gear and are very durable. I know many who use them and like them.

Grouper
    For now I am using a duffle-old Tough Traveler bag-and its on it way out. I am hoping to get something with wheels that can also double as travel luggage...Tusa RD-2 is the one I have my eye on.
    Dive? Silly Question.

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by johnyringo View Post
    I use a big duffel for local "cold" diving, "call outs", and storage (as well as the living room floor, various closets, the dining room table and an extra bedroom), an Akona Evolution roller for travel...and storage, and an Akona mesh back pack for schlepping my gear back and forth when I'm boat diving, it fits in one of the front pockets of the roller bag.
    Wow...i feel SO much better - knowing I'm not the only lunatic that has the spare bedroom dedicated to dive gear! wahoo

Funeral Jorunna
    Quote Originally Posted by abcitydiver View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnyringo View Post
    Wow...i feel SO much better - knowing I'm not the only lunatic that has the spare bedroom dedicated to dive gear! wahoo
    I'm guilty of this as well.
    If you get confused listen to the music play.
    To much of everything is just enough.

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by I ate nemo View Post
    Whats better a duffle bag or a packback style? Also is mesh good to have?
    If you go with mesh, buy with mesh on top of bag, not bottom.

For local diving, I use a rolling trunk I bought at the Container Store. Bigger than RubberMaid, has wheels, easy in-and-out of trunk of car. Fits all my gear.

For boat, I just sold a Mares Technomad 100 (mesh-bottom dive bag)($30), and ordered Armor Amphibian # 91 (mesh on top) from Joe. This bag has backpack straps.

For transport, Edge dive bag. Has wheels and backpack straps. Fins store in side pockets.
    rick

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information